28 TIMES CINEMA* enables 28 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to participate at the 2016 Venice Film Festival as jury members for the Venice Day’s selection and as ambassadors of their cinemas.
Olympion Cinema will make an open call among the 2016 volunteers. Have you been volunteering for Thessaloniki International Film Festival? You may have the chance to be the Greek participant of 28 Times Cinema.
Who can participate?
How to participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25;
- With excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken);
- Good ability to write articles and blogs.
The selected participants will benefit from flight tickets and accommodation. They will also be granted with a festival accreditation giving priority access to screenings of the Venice Days. They should commit to:
- An announcement including participation instructions will be send to temporary staff and volunteers who have worked at Olympion and/or other Thessaloniki International Film Festival activities during 2016.
- Be present in Venice before the festival from Monday 29th of August to Sunday 11th September;
- Be a Jury Member for the films competing for the Venice Days selection;
- Watch all the films presented at the Venice Days and at the LUX Prize 2016 Competition;
- Taking part in the round tables, discussions and debates with filmmakers and other guests;
- Contribute to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event and to the media partners websites;
- Write a daily postcard for Europa Cinemas’ social networks.
- Be an active ambassador for the Lux Film Prize during the events organised after Venice in his or her own country.
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Venice Days and Europa Cinemas, 28 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit: http://www.luxprize.eu/28-times-cinema http://www.venice-days.com/ - http://www.europa-cinemas.org/Les-actions/28-Times-Cinema - http://webreporters.cineuropa.org/ - https://storify.com/europacinemas/28-times-cinema-2015