A thin strip of land in the Baltic Sea, half of which belongs to Lithuania and half to Russia, is home to a macabre tourist attraction. A dying forest of leafless trees, overtaken by thousands of great cormorants, ruining the area with their acid-fortified feces. A fascinating documentary, with mesmerizing aerial shots from a bird’s perspective and photographic images as if out of a post-apocalyptic horror film. But, what has actually led to so grand a destruction?
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Rugilė Barzdžiukaitė
- Cinematography: Rugilė Barzdžiukaitė
- Editing: Rugilė Barzdžiukaitė
- Sound: Dovydas Korba
- Production: Neon Realism, A Laukas
- Producer/Producers: Dovydas Korba, Rugilė Barzdžiukaitė
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Lithuania
- Production Year: 2018
- Duration: 63´
- World Sales: Neon Realism, email@example.com
- Awards/Distinctions: Swatch Art Peace Hotel Award - Locarno IFF 2018