As if it sprang from Goscinny’s pages, a tiny village in the southeast of France raises a banner of resistance against an opponent superior than Roman legions: the almighty model of globalized economy. Without ever rejecting or playing down on the comforts and benefits of the modern world, Lussas’s inhabitants persist in the old-school values of a nostalgic modus vivendi. They have set up their own TV channel, they combine lifelong education and hard work, they cultivate fruit, produce wine and hold screenings of documentaries. An exhilarating pilgrimage to a small-scale Utopia, proving that life is full of alternatives and byways.
#environment #portrait #society
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Claire Simon
- Cinematography: Claire Simon
- Editing: Luc Forveille
- Sound: Virgile van Ginneken, Pierre Bompy, Arnaud Marten
- Production: Petit à Petit Production, Les Films de la Caravane
- Producer/Producers: Rebecca Houzel, Madeline Robert
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: France
- Production Year: 2019
- Duration: 531΄
- Contact: AndanaFilms, firstname.lastname@example.org