Spotlight to Virpi Suutari
A meandering in the sensitive universe of a unique Finnish filmmaker, an introduction to the idiosyncratic gaze of a woman auteur, who permeates different surfaces, focusing on the most delicate human gestures.
Virpi Suutari is an awarded filmmaker, known for her personal cinematic style and emotional narratives. Her documentary The Idle Ones (2002) was nominated for the EFA prize and won several awards as the Best Nordic Documentary. Her work has been screened in numerous international film festivals, also in the form of a retrospective, and has been distributed all over the world. Virpi Suutari is a member of the European Film Academy and she has served as a jury member in many festivals.
Total: Found results.
- Feature Length International Competition
- “Newcomers” International Competition
- >>Film Forward
- Top Docs
- Open Horizons
- Special Screenings
- Tribute to Nikolaus Geyrhalter
- Spotlight to Adrian Paci
- The Art of Reality: Beyond Observation
- Adio Kerida: From Thessaloniki to Auschwitz - 80 years
- Greek Documentaries
- Immersive – All Around Cinema