Anna and Petros, a Greek couple who recently moved to an industrial Siberian town on account of Petros’ work, are shocked to discover Anna is pregnant with no prior intercourse. Did she cheat? Are they victims of a conspiracy? Or blessed with a miracle? Looking for a logical explanation to their situation, Petros starts distrusting Anna, who chooses to embrace the pregnancy, turning to religion to cope. Their previously unshakeable bond starts to falter and cracks begin to show, as their relationship becomes the battleground between the rational and the spiritual. Set against the striking frozen landscapes of Siberia, Still River is a haunting, touching suspense drama about love, trust and faith struggling in the face of doubt.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Angelos Frantzis
- Script: Spyros Krimpalis
- Cinematography: Simon Beaufils
- Editing: Nelly Ollivault
- Sound: Ilvars Vegis
- Music: Coti K.
- Actors: Katia Goulioni, Andreas Konstantinou, Indra Burkovska, Juris Bartkevičs, Ivars Puga, Guna Zariņa, Katrīne Pasternaka
- Production: Mezzanine Films, Tasse Films, Alatas Films, THE GARDENS
- Producer/Producers: Giorgos Karnavas, Kostantinos Kontovrakis, Mathieu Bompoint, Aija Bērziņa, Alise Gelze, Vassilis Alatos, Angelos Frantzis
- Co-production: ERT SA
- Costumes: Ieva Kupcãne
- Sets: Laura Dišlere
- Make Up: Emîlija Eglîte, Stîna Skulme
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Greece, France, Latvia
- Production Year: 2018
- Duration: 133΄
- Contact: Heretic Outreach, firstname.lastname@example.org