Through a series of unexpected events, Johnny and his young nephew forge a tenuous but transformational relationship. Yet another time, Mike Mills makes us part of an augmented, alternative family, this time featuring Joaquin Phoenix’s tour-de-force performance, in a delicate and deeply moving story about the connections between adults and children, the past and the future.
- Direction: Mike Mills
- Script: Mike Mills
- Cinematography: Robbie Ryan
- Editing: Jennifer Vecchiarello
- Sound: Zach Seivers
- Music: Aaron Dessner, Bryce Dessner
- Actors: Joaquin Phoenix, Gaby Hoffmann, Woody Norman
- Production: A24
- Producers: Chelsea Barnard, Andrea Longacre-White, Lila Yacoub
- Co-production: Be Funny When You Can
- Co-producers: Rachel Jensen, Geoff Linville
- Costumes: Katina Danabassis
- Production Design: Katie Byron
- Format: DCP
- Color: B/W
- Production Country: USA
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 108'
- Distribution in Greece: Tanweer
- Contact: A24
Mike Mills is an American film and music video director, writer and graphic designer. was born in Berkeley, California, the son of Janet L. Dowd, a draftsperson, and Paul Chadbourne Mills, an art historian and museum director. He is best known for his independent films, Beginners (2010) and 20th Century Women (2016). For the latter, Mills was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
2016 20th Century Women
2021 C’mon, C’mon