When a Czech woman falls in love with an Afghan man, she has no idea about the life that awaits her in post-Taliban Afghanistan, nor about the family she is about to join. A well-crafted and almost alarming animation about the intersection of love and war, personal will and cultural clash, devious cinematic play on human commitment at all costs.
- Direction: Michaela Pavlátová
- Script: Ivan Arsenjev, Yaël Giovanna Lévy (based on the novel Freshta by Petra Procházková)
- Editing: Evženie Brabcová
- Sound: Régis Diebold, Mathieu Z’Graggen, Niels Barletta, Gregory Vincent, Jan Čeněk
- Music: Evgueni Galperine, Sacha Galperine
- Actors: Zuzana Stivínová, Haji gul Asir, Shahid Maqsoodi, Shamla Maqsoodi
- Production: Negativ, Sacrebleu production, BFILM
- Producers: Petr Oukropec, Kateřina Černá, Ron Dyens, Peter Badač
- Co-production: Gao Shan Pictures, Innervision, Alkay
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Czech Republic, France, Slovakia
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 81'
- Contact: Totem Films
Animation Directors: Michaela Tyllerová, Franck Bonay
Michaela Pavlátová was born in Prague, Czech Republic. In 1987 she graduated from the Academy of Arts, Architecture, and Design in Prague. As an animation film director, her films have received numerous awards at international film festivals, including an Oscar nomination for Reci, reci, reci/Words, words, words. Besides her work for film, Michaela made animations for theatre performances in LaFabrika Prague. She teaches animation in the renowned FAMU academy in Prague, while she also taught at VSUP / Academy of Arts, Architecture, and Design in Prague, and abroad – in San Francisco (Academy of Art College, Computer Arts Institute, CCAC), and at Harvard University.
1991 Words, Words, Words (short)
2003 Faithless Games
2008 Deti noci
2012 Tram (short)
2021 My Sunny Maad