When a distant emergency summons the wealthy Bennett family back to the UK, disrupting a vacation on the Mexican coast in Acapulco, simmering tensions rise to the fore between scions Alice and Neil. The delicate balance of the deceptively close-knit clan, including siblings Colin and Alexa, is irrevocably upset. Playing out in the sleek hotel suites and scruffy tourist haunts of a disparate and stratified seaside locale, and across the psychological battlefield of a precarious dynasty, Sundown unfolds in sharp, surreptitious bursts.
- Direction: Michel Franco
- Cinematography: Yves Cape
- Editing: Oscar Figueroa Jara, Michel Franco
- Sound: Alejandro de Icaza, Niklas Sharp
- Actors: Tim Roth, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Iazua Larios, Henry Goodman
- Production: TEOREMA
- Producers: Michel Franco, Eréndira Núñez Larios, Cristina Velasco L.
- Co-production: LUXBOX, COMMONGROUND PICTURES, Film I Väst
- Co-producers: Jonas Kellagher, Caroline Ljungberg, Hédi Zardi, Fiorella Moretti
- Costumes: Gabriela Fernández
- Production Design: Claudio Ramírez Castelli
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Mexico, France, Sweden
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 82'
- Contact: The Match Factory
Michel Franco was born in Mexico City in 1979 and has put Mexican cinema in the global spotlight. The films he has written, directed, and produced include Chronic (Best Screenplay Award at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival), Las Hijas de Abril (Jury Prize, Un Certain Regard at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival), and Después de Lucía (Top Prize, Certain Regard at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival).
2009 Daniel and Ana
2012 After Lucia
2013 Through the Eyes
2017 April’s Daughter
2020 New Order