Victor, a Greek ex-diving champion in his early 20s, lives with his grandmother in a seaside town in Greece. Missing out on his triumph days and tired of working at a furniture factory, his life suddenly changes with his grandmother’s death. Driving an old dusty car, he begins a road trip to Germany. On the boat to Italy, he meets Matthias, an adventurous young German, who is on his way home. Matthias persuades Victor to take him along and, as they drive north, Matthias pushes him to come out of his comfort zone and reveal the real reasons behind his trip. Victor’s uptight character clashes with the more free-spirited Matthias. When their journey comes to an end, through the unpredictable turns of life, will their questions find the answers they so much long for?
- Direction: Stelios Kammitsis
- Script: Stelios Kammitsis
- Cinematography: Thodoros Mihopoulos
- Editing: Livia Neroutsopoulou
- Sound: Aris Athanasopoulos
- Music: Francesco Cerasi
- Actors: Vasilis Magouliotis, Anton Weil, Stela Fyrogeni
- Production: Felony, Blonde, Asterisk*, 9.99 Films
- Producers: Vicky Miha, Fenia Cossovitsa, Stelios Kammitsis, Luca Legnani
- Co-production: Cyprus Ministry of Education & Culture, Greek Film Center, Apulia Film Commission, Hellenic Public Broadcaster (ERT), Creative Europe MEDIA Program, IDM Südtirol
- Costumes: Alkisti Mamali
- Sets: Eva Goulakou
- Make Up: Ioanna Lygizou
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Cyprus, Greece, Italy
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 80'
- Contact: m-appeal (Maren Kroymann, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thessaloniki Goes to Cannes Works in Progress screening 2019
Stelios Kammitsis studied Cinema at SUNY Purchase in New York. He has worked alongside film director Theodoros Angelopoulos and choreographer Dimitris Papaioannou. He is the founder of Felony Film Productions.
2015 Downhill (short)
2021 The Μan with the Αnswers