Marlena (62) and Tomasz (42), hidden away from the world in a small seaside town, have been in a happy relationship for many years. Their intricately woven everyday life slowly begins to crumble when, against Tomasz’s will, Marlena allows her son to move in with them. As the past comes back to them in full force they will have to redefine their love, choices and life.
No physical screenings scheduled.
- Direction: Tomasz Wasilewski
- Script: Tomasz Wasilewski
- Cinematography: Oleg Mutu
- Editing: Beata Walentowska
- Sound: Maciej Pawłowski, Ilja Koster
- Actors: Dorota Kolak, Łukasz Simla, Tomasz Tyndyk, Katarzyna Herman, Marta Nieradkiewicz
- Production: Extreme Emotions
- Producers: Ewa Puszczyńska
- Co-production: microFILM, Achtung Panda!, TVN, EC1 ŁÓDŹ – CITY OF CULTURE, THE MAZOVIA AND WARSAW FILM FUND, OPUS FILM, DI FACTORY
- Co-producers: Ada Solomon, Jamila Wanske
- Production Design: Katarzyna Sobańska, Marcel Sławiński
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Poland, Romania, Germany
- Production Year: 2022
- Duration: 115΄
- Contact: New Europe Film Sales
- Awards/Distinctions: Special Mention – Palić FF 2022
Polish scriptwriter and director. His full-length feature debut In a Bedroom had its World Premiere at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in 2012 His second feature film Floating Skyscrapers) had its World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in New York in 2013. American film critics of IndieWire chose Floating Skyscrapers as the Best Movie presented at Tribeca; the film went on to win East of the West Competition of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in 2013, among other awards in renowned international festivals. In 2016 Variety Magazine picked Tomasz Wasilewski as one of “10 Europeans to Watch.” His third film United States of Love had its World Premiere in Competition of the 66th Berlin International Film Festival (2016) and won Silver Bear for Best Script.
2012 In a Bedroom
2013 Floating Skyscrapers
2016 United States of Love