Small village, high in the French Alps, today. Jacky Caillou lives with his loving grandmother Gisele, a magnetic healer respected by all. Elsa, a young woman comes from the city to consult: a strange hairy dark stain grows on her back… When the village starts to suffer herd killings, and his grandmother pass away, Jacky urgently needs to understand if he inherited the ancestral gift. Will he manage to save both Elsa and his village?
The Strange Case of Jacky Caillou
63rd TIFF: Greek Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
- Direction: Lucas Delangle
- Script: Lucas Delangle, Olivier Strauss
- Cinematography: Mathieu Gaudet
- Editing: Clément Pinteaux
- Sound: Gaël Eléon, Laura Chelfi, Paul Jousselin
- Music: Clément Decaudin
- Actors: Thomas Parigi, Lou Lampros, Edwige Blondiau, Jean-Louis Coulloc'h, Romain Laguna, Georges Isnard
- Production: Les films du clan
- Producers: Charles Philippe, Lucile Ric
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: France
- Production Year: 2022
- Duration: 92΄
- Contact: Best Friend Forever
Born in Sarthe in 1987, Lucas graduated from La Fémis in directing. Upon graduation, he worked as assistant director on Claire Simon’s documentaries, The Competition, The Woods Dreams Are Made Of (2015), and as a scriptwriter on Romain Laguna’s first feature film Meteorites. In 2017, he directed a medium-length documentary Du Rouge au Front.
The Strange Case of Jacky Caillou, written with Olivier Strauss is his first feature film.
2011 Blanc (short)
2012 Faux frères (short)
2013 Les chaussettes mouillées (short)
2017 Du rouge au front (short doc)
2022 The Strange Case of Jacky Caillou