With the summer sun beating down on her rural Spanish town, Sara hides away in her parent’s butcher shop. A teenager whose excess weight makes her the target of incessant bullying, she flees a clique of capricious girls who torment her at the town pool, only to stumble upon them being brutally kidnapped by a stranger, who drives off with them in his van. When the police begin asking questions, Sara keeps quiet. Intrigued by the stranger – an interest that’s mutual – she’s torn between revealing the truth and protecting the man who saved her. A harrowing genre exploration of bullying, internalized trauma, revenge, and desire.
- Direction: Carlota Pereda
- Script: Carlota Pereda
- Cinematography: Rita Noriega
- Editing: David Pelegrín
- Sound: Nicolas Mas, Nacho Arenas, Nicolas De Poulpiquet
- Music: Olivier Arson
- Actors: Laura Galán, Richard Holmes, Carmen Machi, Claudia Salas, Irene Ferreiro, Camille Aguilar, José Pastor, Pilar Castro
- Production: Morena Films, Cerdita A.I.E.
- Producers: Merry Colomer, Pilar Benito
- Co-producers: Jean-Baptiste Babin, David Atlan Jackson
- Costumes: Arantxa Ezquerro
- Production Design: Óscar Sempere
- Make Up: Paloma Lozano
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Spain
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 100΄
- Contact: Charades
Born in 1975 in Madrid, Carlota Pereda is a film and drama series director. After graduating from the ECAM (Escuela de Cinematografía y del Audiovisual de la Comunidad de Madrid), she started her career as writer, director and script supervisor in television. Her first short film, Las Rubias (The Blondes), has been selected in more than 140 national and international festivals and awarded in prestigious festivals. Piggy is her first feature film. First released in Sundance 2022, the project was selected in the Focus CoPro in Cannes, winning the Pop Up Residency.
2016 Las Rubias (short)
2018 Cerdita (short)
2019 There Will be Monsters (short)