Encourage the patients to engage in relationships, get married, and lead a family life. That’s the groundbreaking and rule-changing idea of the head of a mental clinic. Not in Scandinavia or Canada, but in the suffocative and repressive milieu of Tehran. As the first marriages between couples selected by a committee take place, a series of intriguing questions arise. An in-depth glance at the unseen structures and the unwritten laws of a closed-circuit community, where love works in mysterious ways. At the same time, a brave portrait of a regressive society governed by strict rules that cries for change.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Atieh Attarzadeh, Hesam Eslami
- Script: Atieh Attarzadeh, Hesam Eslami
- Cinematography: Mehdi Azadi, Moslem Tehrani
- Editing: Farid Daghagheleh
- Sound: Mehrshad Malakouti
- Music: Amen Feizabadi
- Production: Caractères Productions, Aras Films, AJE Witness
- Producer/Producers: Etienne de Ricaud, Hesam Eslami, Atieh Attarzadeh, Fiona Lawson-Baker
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Iran, France, Qatar
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 80΄
- World Sales: Java Films, email@example.com