Ioanna cleans fish on a lonely island, and only dreams of an old love from Germany. Apart from her memories of him, she has nothing but a faded postcard. The longing makes her travel. Penniless, she moves through a ramshackle Europe. A bear finds the sleeping Ioanna. And Ioanna, who has been mute until now, finds her voice again.
63rd TIFF: World Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
|Available at the Agora Market TIFF63.|
- Direction: Albrecht Hirche
- Script: Albrecht Hirche
- Cinematography: Demian von Prittwitz
- Editing: Sabrina Ruecker
- Sound: Panagiotis Kyriakou, Yannis Antipas
- Music: Blaine L. Reininger, Andrew Krell, Karsten Süßmilch, Susijat Zad, Heino Sellhorn
- Actors: Ioanna Tsami, Alexandra Delitheou, Lena Kitsopoulou, Yota Argyropoulou, Ana Angelova, Akillas Karazisis, Kosmo Hirche, Demian von Prittwitz, Albrecht Hirche, Maria Panourgia, Malamatenia Gkotsi, Konstantinos Avarikiotis, Stavroula Kounadea, Panagiotis Kyriakou, Ioannis Kotsifas, Sokratis Pitsokos, Bokos Mandelas, Rainer vom Feld, Nicola Minssen, Berat Berat, Ramush Muarem, Orfei Fetaovski, Myrto Kontoni, Mary Karazisis
- Production: I Vitelloni Productions
- Producers: Albrecht Hirche
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color & B/W
- Production Country: Greece, North Macedonia, Germany
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 87΄
Albrecht Hirche (1959, Heckelberg [GDR]) works as an author and theater director. He comes along as a painter and musician and has been obsessed with cinema since childhood. For many years he has been oscillating between independent and state theatres. Ioanna is his second feature film.
2015 Maedchen in Koffer