Abdallah, an Arab Muslim civil engineer, has to come to terms with his own responsibility in the collapse of a building, which caused the death of 7 people. Having been radicalized, Iman and Leila, are sent to Cyprus on a secret mission. Michelle, a lonely teenager falls for Angelos, a domineering young man with racist beliefs. Three stories, each involving characters whose actions mark the difference between life and death, are defined by their search for redemption.
63rd TIFF: World Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
|Available at the Agora Market TIFF63.|
- Direction: Corinna Avraamidou, Kyriacos Tofarides
- Script: Corinna Avraamidou, Kyriacos Tofarides
- Cinematography: Sofronis Sofroniou
- Editing: Elina Antoniou
- Sound: Stavros Terlikkas
- Music: Dimitris Zachariou
- Actors: Stephanie Atala, Rita Hayek, Antreas Tselepos, Margarita Zachariou, Prokopis Agathocleous, Pambina Georgiou, Varnavas Kyriazis
- Producers: Andros Achilleos
- Co-production: Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth, Cyprus Cinema Advisory Committee, Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation
- Costumes: Lakis Genethlis, Romina Polymniou
- Sets: Lisa Tsouloupas
- Make Up: Stephanie Panagi
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Cyprus
- Production Year: 2022
- Duration: 110΄
- Contact: A.B. Seahorse Film Productions (Andros Achilleos, email@example.com)
Cyprus-born Corinna Avraamidou studied film and television directing in London and New York. Her debut film, The Last Homecoming, won several festival awards. Iman is her second feature film. The screenplay of Iman won Best Feature Film Screenplay at the 2018 Greek Screenwriters Competition.
2008 The Last Homecoming
Kyriacos Tofarides studied theater and film directing at the Academy of Theatre and Film Art in Bulgaria. He produced and directed his debut feature film Block 12 (Special Jury Award – Cyprus Film Days IFF, European Film Awards Selection 2013). Iman is his second feature film.
2013 Block 12