A taxidermist, a deer farmer and a museum employee guide us around a bizarre world, in which the line between reality and artificiality becomes imperceptible. Set up in fabricated nature’s glass-case, resembling their heart-beating “before,” the exhibited animals won’t stop observing us. The lifelike impression gradually gets stronger, only to collapse abruptly as reality kicks in. A movie that grasps, as the title implies, the soul of the animals.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Aistė Žegulytė
- Script: Aistė Žegulytė, Titas Laucius
- Cinematography: Vytautas Katkus
- Editing: Mikas Žukauskas
- Music: Gediminas Jakubka, Mindaugas Urbaitis
- Production: Meno Avilys
- Producer/Producers: Giedrė Burokaitė
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Lithuania
- Production Year: 2018
- Duration: 69΄
- World Sales: Meno Avilys, firstname.lastname@example.org