We are all trying to make it through life the best way we know how to. It is a constant struggle, a perpetual adventure, a unique story with an inevitably common ending. Etienne’s case is no diﬀerent. Though he woke up today knowing it wasn’t going to be just another average day, he could have never expected it to be the day he wakes up. Adnan, Etienne’s best friend is taking him, Jean-Paul and Dankoura to visit a prostitute for the first time: three troubled teens on their way to lose their virginity and win their acceptance into manhood. Though several unexpected occurrences take Etienne on an unforeseen journey into himself. Etienne goes in, but he never really comes out.
- Direction: George Peter Barbari
- Script: George Peter Barbari
- Cinematography: Karim Ghorayeb
- Editing: Inaam Attar, George Peter Barbari
- Sound: Cedric Kayem
- Music: Fadi Tabbal
- Actors: Etienne Assal, Adnan Khabbaz, Elias Saad, Jean Pierre Frangieh, Feyrouz AbouHassan, Souraya Baghdadi
- Production: Bee on Set Productions
- Producers: Reine Semaan, Christelle Younes (executive producers)
- Production Design: Charbel Zgheib
- Make Up: Sirine Jaroudi
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Lebanon
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 86'
- Contact: The Festival Agency
George Peter Barbari
George Peter Barbari, born on the 28th of January, 1992 is an Argentinian-Lebanese filmmaker. He was born in Orange County, California and grew up in Batroun, Lebanon.
2021 Death of a Virgin, and the Sin of Not Living