Jonna, a feisty orphan girl dearly wants to be adopted. But when her potential new mom drives up to the orphanage in an old car, she gets a big shock when the door opens and a gorilla steps out! Jonna is not sure she wants to leave with the big, clumsy primate at first, but ape and girl quickly overcome their physical differences. But can their newfound domestic bliss survive the scheming of a local bully who’s out to separate the two? A heart-warming animation about outsiders and unconventional love.
- Direction: Linda Hambäck
- Script: Janne Vierth
- Cinematography: Gabriel Mkrttchian
- Editing: Ulf Tønder Flittig, Linda Hambäck
- Sound: Mats Blomberg
- Music: Minna Weurlander, Tania Naranjo
- Actors: Pernilla August, Rebecca Gerstmann, Stellan Skarsgård, Melinda Kinnaman
- Production: LEE Film Stockholm AB
- Producers: Linda Hambäck, Petter Lindblad
- Co-production: Mikrofilm AS, Nørlum P1 IVS, Film i Väst & Sveriges Television AB
- Co-producers: Lise Fearnley, Tonje Skar Reiersen, Claus Toksvig Kjær, Frederik Villumsen, Peter Possne, Anna Croneman
- Format: DCP
- Production Country: Sweden, Norway, Denmark
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 76'
- Contact: Attraction Distribution
Linda Hambäck was born in Seoul, South Korea in 1974. She has been working within the film- and TV- industry since 1998, when she finished her studies, at Dramatiska Institutet University College of Film, Radio, Television, and Theatre. Linda has a background working with TV series, shorts, and commercials. She has mainly been working with animation for the last six years.
2013 Fighting Spirit (short doc)
2014 Tänk om... (short)
2016 Bajsfilmen – Dolores och Gunellens värld
2017 Gordon and Paddy
2021 The Ape Star