Wardi, an 11-year-old Palestinian girl, lives with her whole family in Beirut, in the refugee camp where she was born. Her beloved great-grandfather Sidi was one of the first people to settle in the camp after being chased from his home back in 1948. The day Sidi gives her the key to his old house back in Galilee, she fears he may have lost hope of someday going home. As she searches for Sidi’s lost hope around the camp, she will collect her family’s testimonies, from one generation to the next. A wonderful animation film about the roots of memory that tie us to a place and the wings of imagination that fly us away, which draws on the personal experience of the director who worked as a teacher in this camp.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Mats Grorud
- Script: Mats Grorud,Trygve Allister Diesen, Ståle Stein Berg, Robin Jensen
- Cinematography: Sara Sponga, Nadine Buss
- Editing: Silje Nordseth, Carsten Meinich, Anders Bergland, Margrete Vinnem
- Sound: Cloudberry ab, Christian Holm, Erik Bjerknes
- Music: Nathanaël Bergese
- Production: Tenk.tv, Les Contes Modernes, Cinenic Film
- Producer/Producers: Frode Søbstad, Patrice Nezan, Laurent Versini, Annika Hellström
- Art Direction: Rui Tenreiro
- Camera: Stéphane Gauthron
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Norway, Sweden, France
- Production Year: 2018
- Duration: 80'
- World Sales: Jour 2 Fête, firstname.lastname@example.org