An experimental documentary that applies the art of animation to the photographic image, achieving a hallucinatory portrait of one of the most vertical and densely built cities in the world: Hong Kong’s immense housing blocks appear to shimmer in a dazzling dance of fluid and dreamlike images. A disorientating and meditative journey that challenges you to let go and immerse yourself in its hypnotic vision, set against a dead-on soundtrack of metallic noises and urban sounds. An innovative and transfixing animation firmly rooted in a hectic metropolis and completely detached of time and space, all at once.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Max Hattler
- Cinematography: Iresa Cho, Zhang Riwen, Max Hattler
- Editing: Max Hattler
- Sound: David Kamp, Sky Kung
- Production: Relentless Melt
- Producer/Producers: Max Hattler
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Hong Kong, Germany
- Production Year: 2019
- Duration: 9΄
- Awards/Distinctions: Best Editing – San Giò Verona Video Festival 2019, Jury Mention – FIVA International Video Art Festival 2019