A dystopian workplace at the Perama shipyards. A longstanding ban on physical contact has turned human interactions into otherworldly simulations. The suppression of touch among the workers has alienated their communication, transforming the boatyard into a charged landscape of alienation and repressed sensuality beyond stereotypical heteronormative desires.
On Xerxes’ Throne
Στο Θρόνο του Ξέρξη
No physical screenings scheduled.
|Available at the Agora Market TIFF63.|
- Direction: Evi Kalogiropoulou
- Script: Yorgos Teltzidis
- Cinematography: Evan Maragkoudakis
- Editing: Yorgos Zafiris
- Sound: Dimitris Demoirakos, Leandros Ntounis
- Music: Kid Moxie
- Actors: Yorgos Mazonakis, Angela Brouskou, Myrto Kontoni
- Production: Neda Film for Onassis Culture
- Producers: Amanda Livanou
- Sets: Evelina Darzenta
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Greece
- Duration: 16΄
- Contact: Neda Film (email@example.com)
- Awards/Distinctions: Special Jury Award
Evi Kalogiropoulou is a film director and visual artist working in Athens and London. She has a Master’s Degree (MA) in Moving Image from the Royal College of Art. Her projects explore ideas associated with inclusion/exclusion, cross-culture identity, female figures in Ancient Greek mythology frames, and post-apocalyptic environments.
2020 Motorway 65 (short)
2022 On Xerxes’ Throne (short)