A young couple’s ritualistic job routine of collecting and cremating animal bodies from their owners and the roadkills that they come across is challenged when they cause an accident themselves.
No physical screenings scheduled.
- Direction: Janis Rafa
- Script: Janis Rafa
- Cinematography: Thodoros Mihopoulos GSC
- Editing: Patrick Minks
- Sound: Marc Lizier
- Music: LOOR, Gwil Sainsbury
- Actors: Pinelopi Tsilika, Dimitris Lalos, Michele Valley, Tasos Rafailidis
- Production: SNG Film, Heretic
- Producers: Digna Sinke, Konstantinos Kontovrakis, Giorgos Karnavas
- Co-production: Greek Film Centre
- Sets: Elena Vardava
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: The Netherlands, Greece
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 91'
- Contact: Heretic Ioanna Stais firstname.lastname@example.org
- Awards/Distinctions: International Film Festival Rotterdam
Janis Rafa lives and works between Amsterdam and Athens. She completed her education in Fine Art (BA, MA, PhD) at the University of Leeds supported by AHRC. Her body of work spans from experimental moving image practices to video-essays, sculptures, environmental installations, cinematic narratives and, most recently, medium and feature length films. Her work is part of the following collections: Stedelijk Museum, Centraal Museum, Museum Voorlinden.
2009 2755 Miles (short)
2012 Exit K1 (short)
2014 Requiem to a Shipwreck (short)
2014 A Sign of Prosperity to the Dreamer (short)
2014 Gravediggers (short)
2015 Requiem to a Fatal Incident (short)
2015 Whoever Owns the Ground, from the Depth of the Earth to the Height of the Sky (short)
2015 Winter Came Early (short)
2016 This Thin Crust of Earth (short)
2020 Kala Azar