Eva, a brilliant doctor who has devoted herself to the study of medicine’s history, discovers a manuscript written by an 18th-century physician, who recorded the dreams, fears, and thoughts of nearly 1,800 patients. Immersed in their tales and visions, Eva embarks on a journey of self-revelation that defies time boundaries, rational laws, and even death. A transcendental meditation (evoking the cinematic universe of executive producer, Terence Malick) on the unfathomable mysteries of both femininity and the human body.
- Direction: Carlo S. Hintermann
- Script: Carlo S. Hintermann, Marco Saura
- Cinematography: Joerg Widmer
- Editing: Piero Lassandro
- Sound: Giuseppe D’Amato, Stefano Grosso
- Music: Hanan Townshend
- Actors: Charles Dance, Lotte Verbeek, Sverrir Gudnason, Isolda Dychauk, Rocco Gottlieb, Justin Korovkin, Filippo Nigro
- Production: Citrullo International
- Producer/Producers: Gerardo Panichi
- Co-production: Entre Chien et Loup, Luminous Arts Productions, RAI Cinema
- Co-producer/Co-producers: Robin Monotti Graziadei, Vera Graziadei, Sébastien Delloye
- Sets: David Crank
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Italy, UK, Belgium
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 95'
- Contact: Celluloid Dreams
Carlo S. Hintermann
Carlo S. Hintermann is an Italian-Swiss filmmaker and producer. After obtaining his diploma on Classical Percussion, he went on to study History of Cinema in Italy and Film Directing in the USA. He has directed a number of shorts and documentaries, among which the internationally acclaimed Rosy fingered Dawn: a film on Terence Malick. Hintermanm has worked as a second unit director during the Italian shoot of Terence Malick’s The Tree of Life.
2002 Rosy-Fingered Dawn: a Film on Terrence Malick (doc)
2006 H2O (short doc)
2020 The Book of Vision