Love can strike anywhere, anytime. In a container in a northern port of France. At a supermarket cash register. Behind the sliding glass door of a suburban home. And on the stage of an amateur theater, in the heart of a sailor named Neptune, or on the dance floor of a small-town dancing room. In a port city, the lives of a few isolated people, used to violence, are strongly influenced by the love they feel for each other. Choices, envy, love, and tenderness are the driving forces that help these characters to be themselves and give meaning to their lives. A fascinating tribute to poetry, theater, and art.
Love Songs for Tough Guys
Cette musique ne joue pour personne
62nd TIFF: Greek Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
|Available at the Agora Market.|
- Direction: Samuel Benchetrit
- Script: Samuel Benchetrit, Gabor Rasov
- Cinematography: Pierre Aïm,
- Editing: Clemence Diard
- Sound: Miguel Rejas, Sebastien Wera, Julien Perez
- Actors: François Damiens, Ramzy Bedia, Vanessa Paradis, Gustave Kervern, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi
- Production: Single Man Productions, Union Générale Cinématographique (UGC), JM Films, Gapbusters, Shelter Prod, Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF), Proximus, VOO, BE TV, Movie Pictures, Pictanovo
- Producers: Julien Madon
- Co-producers: Joseph Rouschop, Jean-Yves Roubin
- Sets: Gaël Leroux
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: France
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 107'
- Contact: Orange Studio
Samuel Benchetrit is a French writer, actor, screenwriter, and director. He was born to a family of Romani, Sephardic, and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. At age 15, he quit school to focus on photography. Among his most acclaimed works are Dog (2017), I Always Wanted to Be a Gangster (2007), and News from the L Project (2001).
2003 Janis and John
2011 Chez Gino
2014 A Journey
2015 Macadam Stories
2021 Cette musique ne joue pour personne | Love Songs for Tough Guys