Autumn 2015. Two Spanish lifeguards travel to the Greek island of Lesbos after seeing the heart-wrenching photograph of a little boy drowned in the Mediterranean Sea. They arrive to discover a shocking reality: thousands of people risking their lives every day by trying to cross the sea in the most precarious of vessels, fleeing from armed conflicts and other miseries in their home countries. But the thing that stands out most is that no one is doing any rescue work. A devastating humane story about the power of will, based on real-life events.
- Direction: Marcel Barrena
- Script: Danielle Schleif
- Cinematography: Kiko de la Rica
- Editing: Nacho Ruiz Capillas
- Sound: Eva Valiño, Fabiola Ordoyo
- Music: Arnau Bataller
- Actors: Eduard Fernandez, Dani Rovira, Anna Castillo, Sergi Lopez, Alex Monner, Melika Foroutan, Vassilis Bisbikis
- Production: Fasten Films, Lastor Media, Arcadia Motion Pictures
- Producers: Adria Mones, Tono Felguera, Sergi Moreno, Ibon Cormenzana, Ignasi Estape, Giorgios Karnavas, Gabriel Kaplan
- Co-production: Heretic
- Co-producers: Gabriel Kaplan
- Costumes: Despina Chimona
- Production Design: Pinelopi Valti, Elena Vardava
- Make Up: Kyriaky Melidou, Roula Lianou, Hara Vasiliadi
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Spain, Greece
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 112'
- Contact: Heretic
Marcel Barrena is a film director, screenwriter, producer, and editor. His feature debut, the highly acclaimed TV movie Cuatro estaciones won the prestigious Gaudí Award, it was nominated for the Goya Awards for Best Documentary, and also won Best Movie and Best Director in Alicante Film Festival. His film Little World (2012) is one of the most successful documentaries in Spanish cinema. The film was selected by The Hollywood Reporter critic Neil Young as one of the best movies of the year.
2012 Little World (doc)
2016 100 Meters