Motorway 65 is set at the edge of the city, within the urban industrial environment of Aspropirgos, home to numerous immigrants, and many Pontic Greek migrants from Russia among them. Motorway 65 is like a succession of small explosions of life on the sidelines of the great highway that leads to Athens.
- Direction: Evi Kalogiropoulou
- Script: Evi Kalogiropoulou
- Cinematography: Christina Moumouri
- Editing: Christos Giannakopoulos
- Sound: Yannis Antipas
- Music: Mohammed Rowe, Negros tou Moria, Kevin Zan Ansong
- Actors: Elli Tringou, Argyris Pantazaras, Ksenia Dania
- Production: Non-Profit Organization “Cloud”
- Producers: Evi Kalogiropoulou, Mina Dreki
- Co-production: Greek Film Center
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Greece
- Production Year: 2020
- Duration: 15'
- Contact: Radiator (Ben Vandendaele, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Evi Kalogiropoulou is a film director and visual artist working in Athens and London. She has a Master’s Degree (MA) in Moving Image from the Royal College of Art. Her projects explore ideas associated with inclusion/exclusion, cross-culture identity, female figures in Ancient Greek mythology frames, and post-apocalyptic environments.
2020 Motorway 65 (short)
2022 On Xerxes’ Throne (short)