Suze lives a warm-hearted, quiet life on an island in the north of the Netherlands with her husband Lucas and bubbly six-year-old daughter Juul. When her colorful, extravagant mother Helena all of a sudden pays a visit to inform her daughter that she’s ill, Suze slowly relapses into severe compulsive behavior. When she finally realizes the suffocating nature of their relationship, Suze makes an emotional but liberating choice.
62nd TIFF: Greek Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
|Available at the Agora Market.|
- Direction: Margot Schaap
- Script: Margot Schaap
- Cinematography: Emo Weemhoff
- Editing: Fatih Tura
- Sound: Matis Rei
- Music: Thalia Ioannidou
- Actors: Hanna van Vliet, Elsie de Brauw, Elin Koleci, Simeoni Sundja
- Production: PRPL, Homeless Bob Productions, Homemade Films
- Producers: Ellen Havenith
- Co-producers: Maria Drandaki, Katrin Kissa
- Production Design: Jorien Sont
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: The Netherlands, Estonia, Greece
- Production Year: 2021
- Duration: 110'
- Contact: PRPL
Agora Works in Progress 2019
Margot Schaap (1986, the Netherlands) graduated in 2008 from the Netherlands Film Academy with the short film Gradually, for which she won the Tuschinski Award. She wrote and directed various short and mid-length films and the youth documentary School vol vissen. Her feature debut 12 Months in 1 Day was made on a low budget with friends. The film had its world premiere in IFFR 2015.
2008 Gradually (short)
2009 Lynn (short)
2015 12 Months in 1 Day