EVIA FILM PROJECT
June 16-19, 2022
What kind of projects is EVIA FILM PROJECT looking for/what are the main criteria?
We are looking for:
What is the application procedure/when is the deadline?
Submissions must be received by April 15 2022.
EDIT: Submission must be received by April 29, 2022.
By then we need to receive the complete application package in English:
- The Evia Film Project Development application form
Please make sure to complete the form thoroughly. Once you have completed the online form you cannot make changes. Elements from the application form will be used for catalogue information should your project be selected.
- Further to the online application additional materials must be in one single PDF document and attached to the online application form.
They must include:
- One (1) page synopsis
- The latest treatment in English (and Greek if it is a Greek production)
- Biography/filmography of the producer
- Biography/filmography of the director
- Director’s statement addressing the story, the visual style and the reasons it is a “green film”.
- Producer’s statement about the financial strategy
- Budget topsheet
- Financing plan
- A list of confirmed financing for the project (if available)
- Rights agreement between the director and the producer or a letter from the director stating that the particular producer will be representing the project
- Previous film of the director (online in a secure link)
- Moodboard if available
General Rules and Selection Criteria
Evia Film Project Development is open to all kinds of projects and is flexible when considering its aspects. Evia Film Project has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. However, there are certain rules that we operate under:
- The application materials and subtitles should be in English (except the treatment which can be also in Greek if it is a Greek production)
- We accept only fiction / documentaries / new media / animation feature film projects (over 60 minutes).
- One production company or producer can submit two projects..
- A project should indicate to which other workshops and markets it has been previously presented and when, or if it is a new project.
- The projects are evaluated by at least two readers. The final decision of selection is made by the Agora and festival team.
- The number of selected projects is up to five (5).
- The selection is announced by mid May.
What happens if my project is selected?
Once a project has been selected, the director and producer is advised to be present during the four days of Evia Film Project (June 16 - 19, 2022) or at least one representative of the project. Evia Film Project will take place in Aidipsos and other towns and villages of Northern Evia. The Festival will cover your accommodation in Evia, your travel expenses up to 350 Euro and, if needed, your transportation from Athens to Evia and back to Athens.
You will be sent your meetings schedule a few days before the Evia Film Project begins. The schedule will be based upon requests from the invited industry professionals. Additional meetings are scheduled upon availability, during the Evia Film Project.
Finished film projects sprung from the EvFP should mention the Evia Film project or display its logo in their credits. Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at Evia Film Project of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival". The EvFP logo will be sent to the filmmakers upon selection of the project.
The Evia Film Project awards will be announced soon