With new collaborations, participation in leading actions, programs and discussions, the Thessaloniki Film Festival is getting ready to make a strong presence at the Cannes Film Festival that takes place from May 16 to May 27, 2023.
- The Festival and the Greek Film Centre jointly participate in the Producers Network of Marché du Film of the Cannes Film Festival, supporting producers from Greece. Greece is the only country from Southeast Europe and the Balkans to take part in this action hosted by Cannes’ Marché du Film.
- The Think Tank series on the future of film markets will be culminated and concluded at Cannes. An initiative of the Thessaloniki Film Festival in collaboration with the boutique consultancy The Catalysts and the Cannes’ Marché du Film and Berlinale’s EFM. The results of the initiative will be announced at a special event on May 22nd, at the Cannes Film Festival.
- A new partnership with IEFTA (International Emerging Film Talent Association), supporting documentary filmmakers, will be announced during the Marché du Film in Cannes. This exciting collaboration will be launched in the Agora of the 26th Thessaloniki Documentary Festival (7-17/3/2024). Stay tuned!
- Head of Agora, Angeliki Vergou, will participate in the three-member jury Docs-in-Progress of the Cannes Docs section of Marché du Film. The other two members of the jury are: Karim Aitouna | Producer - Haut les Mains Productions (France), Fernanda Lomba | EP - Mundi Filmes & Co-founder of NICHO 54 (Brazil).
- Errika Zacharopoulou, who is working in the Agora coordination, is selected to be part of this year’s Cannes Makers, a program that shapes the new generation of film professionals. The aim of this new mentoring program is to foster collaboration across borders, connecting participants with key industry experts and nurturing their drive to thrive.
- During Marché du Film, a reception will be held to promote Greek film production to professionals from all over the world who attend the Cannes Film Festival. The reception offers opportunities for networking to filmmakers from Greece, for developing new projects and films, for finding co-productions and funding, and for promoting Greece as a location for shooting international productions. The reception is organized by the Greek Film Centre, the Thessaloniki Film Festival, the National Centre of Audiovisual Media and Communication (EKOME) and the Drama International Short Film Festival.
- You can find us at the Greek Pavilion (#129), Village International Riviera, where there are hundreds of national pavilions from all over the world. The Greek Pavilion is the center of activity for the Greek filmmakers. It offers working space to all Greek professionals and ideal conditions for meetings and networking. All the actions of the Greek filmmaking community will be presented at the pavilion, while the human resources of the four agencies (GFC, TFF, EKOME, Drama Festival) will be available to provide any necessary assistance.