In a desperate attempt to escape from the misery of an oppressive and loveless marriage, Elpida finds refuge in a fantasy world of vindictive violence. Soon, fantasy and reality start to blur.
59th TIFF: Greek Premiere
No physical screenings scheduled.
- Direction: Tonia Mishiali
- Script: Tonia Mishiali
- Cinematography: Yorgos Rahmatoulin
- Editing: Emilios Avraam
- Sound: Christos Kyriacoullis
- Music: Julian Scherle
- Actors: Stela Fyrogeni, Andreas Vassiliou, Popi Avraam, Andrey Pilipenko, Marios Ioannou, Prokopis Agathokleous, Marina Mandri, Georgina Tatsi
- Production: A.B. Seahorse Film Productions
- Producers: Andros Achilleos, Stelana Kliris, Tonia Mishiali
- Co-production: Soul Productions, SEKIN (Cinema Advisory Committee) – Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus, SEE Cinema Network
- Co-producers: Ioanna Soultani
- Art Direction: Marios Neocleous
- Costumes: Christy Polydorou
- Sets: Lydia Mandridou
- Make Up: Kyriaki Melidou
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Cyprus, Greece
- Production Year: 2018
- Duration: 96'
- Contact: Film Republic, email@example.com
She is a director-producer, member of the HFA and EFA, and a Berlinale Talents alumna. Her films have been selected and awarded at major markets and festivals. Her debut feature Pause was listed as one of the “20 most daring films of 2019,” was awarded the FIPRESCI prize, among others, received rave reviews, and found worldwide distribution.
2013 Dead End (short)
2014 Lullaby of the Butterfly (short)
2020 I don’t like the wind I like the sun (short)
2022 Daphne (short)