Guilty secrets that remained buried deep in the jungle rise to the surface through the research of a young linguist who seeks after the last traces of a dying language. He approaches two elderly peasants who speak this language, but he sadly realizes that the two of them haven’t exchanged a single word in the last 50 years. What is the right moment to find redemption? Where is this this exotic place where it is said that real love long lives? And is the language of the people in love destined to remain untranslatable today?
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Ernesto Contreras
- Script: Carlos Contreras
- Cinematography: Tonatiuh Martínez
- Editing: Jorge Macaya
- Sound: Enrique Greiner
- Music: Andrés Sánchez
- Actors: Fernando Álvarez Rebeil, Eligio Meléndez, Manuel Poncelis, Fátima Molina
- Production: Agencia SHA, Alebrije Cine y Video, Revolver Amsterdam, Fondo para la Producción Cinematográfica de Calidad (Foprocine), Eficine 189, with Casa José Cuervo, Estudios Churubusco Azteca, EFD
- Producer/Producers: Mónica Lozano, Luis Albores, Érika Ávila, Eamon O’Farrill, Dijana Olcay-Hot, Raymond van der Kaaij
- Art Direction: Bárbara Enríquez
- Costumes: Gabriela Fernández
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Mexico
- Production Year: 2017
- Duration: 100'
- World Sales: Mundial, Imblobal
- Awards/Distinctions: Audience Award – World Cinema Dramatic Competition, Sundance Film Festival 2017, USA