Sales Policy of «E-FestivalShop»
“THESSALONIKI FILM FESTIVAL” (hereinafter referred to as FESTIVAL) having its headquarters in Thessaloniki, at the building named "OLYMPION" in 10 Aristotelous Square, with tax identification number (TIN) 090290161, is a public-benefit and non-profit legal entity, which was established by Article 4 of Law 2557/1997 (Official Government Gazette: A΄/271/24-12-1997), is governed by the provisions of articles 21-33 of Law 3905/2010 (Official Government Gazette: A΄/219/23-12-2010) as well as by private law, is supervised by the Minister of Culture and Sports and works in the public interest. The Festival is legally represented by the General Director.
The current Policy governs the operation of the FESTIVAL's online store (“E-FestivalShop”), as well as your transactions with it.
- address: 10 Aristotelous Square (“OLYMPION”), Thessaloniki (PC: 54623), Greece
- Phone: (+30) 2310 378400
- fax: (+30) 2310 285759
B. E-Contract for the Sale of Products - Order
By placing your order on E-FestivalShop, so as to purchase products provided by the FESTIVAL, for which you can get information from the FESTIVAL’s website and its brochures, as well as from the website of our online store, constitutes a conclusion of a distance sale contract (e-contract) with the FESTIVAL. The concluded contract is governed by the applicable Greek and European legislation and especially by Law 2251/1994 on “Consumer Protection” (Official Government Gazette: B΄/40/17-01-2018), as codified and currently in force after its amendment by Law 4512/2018.
Payment of your order (price of the products and additional charges) is made with the payment method that you have chosen from the available ones. If you prefer to pay by a debit/credit/prepaid card, once you have completed your order, you will be automatically redirected to Alpha Bank's secure transaction environment in order to complete the payment of your order by filling in your card details. After completing the payment you will receive an e-mail confirming the successful process of your transaction.
Please note that the completion of the order does not imply the delivery of the products without the payment of the order. The performance of your concluded distance contract with the FESTIVAL ends with the prior payment of the order and the subsequent delivery of the products.
C. Payment Methods
- Credit/Debit/Prepaid Card
- Masterpass Digital Wallet
You can safely pay for your shopping using the Masterpass digital wallet simply by subscribing to the service even at the time of payment.
- Cash on Delivery
Payment can be made upon delivery of your order and only for destinations within Greece. The cash on delivery fee amounts to € 2,50 (VAT included) and is paid to the employee (carrier) of the associate courier company against the respective receipts.
You can make the payment by deposit into the following bank account indicating your full name or business name as well as the order number. It is underlined that any interbank transaction fees are borne by the customer.
Bank: ALPHA BANK
Account Holder: THESSALONIKI FILM FESTIVAL
Bank Account: 846 00 2001 000 240
IBAN: GR68 0140 8460 8460 0200 1000 240
Swift Code: CRBAGRAA
To proceed with your order, you must send us the deposit receipt by e-mail indicating in the subject the order number. The order is delivered after the confirmation of the payment, for which you will receive a respective e-mail.
D. Delivery Methods
- Product Receipt from the Festival Shop
You can receive the products, after the confirmation of your order by e-mail and the completion of your payment, from the FESTIVAL's physical store named “Festival Shop” (“OLYMPION”, 10 Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki), from Monday to Friday during working hours 10:00-17:00 (public holidays excluded). You are required to kindly indicate the order number (order confirmation e-mail) and, if so requested, any identity documents (e.g. an identity card, a driving license) in order to identify your personal details. A third party can receive your products, after communicating with the FESTIVAL, by indicating the order number and a respective identity document. Afterwards, the products you have ordered are delivered to you and you ought to check that they are in perfect condition, which condition you acknowledge and accept upon your exit from the “Festival Shop”.
Due to the special circumstances, orders can be received every Monday-Wednesday-Friday from 11:00 until 16:00.
- Courier Delivery Services
The order is dispatched with an associate courier company and delivered within 2-4 working days from the day of the payment confirmation (price of the products and additional charges). In the event of cash on delivery, the order is delivered within 2-4 working days from the day of the order confirmation. In case of exceptional events constituting force majeure or an unforeseen change of circumstances (e.g. strikes, harsh weather conditions), the delivery time of the order may be extended for a reasonable period of time.
Deliveries may incur delays due to the special circumstances.
Domestic Consignment (Greece):
- For orders over € 29,00, the consignment is free of charge.
- For orders below € 29,00 and for a parcel weighing up to 2 kg, the shipping costs amount to € 2,50.
- For every extra kilo (kg), the charge is equal to € 1,00 per kilo.
Please note that all the above costs include VAT.
International Consignment (Abroad):
- For parcels weighing up to 2 kg, the shipping costs amount to € 15,00.
- For parcels weighing more than 2 kg, the current price list of the Hellenic Post (ELTA) for foreign parcels is applicable.
Please note that for international consignments the delivery time of ELTA for international parcels applies.
- Return Policy
When shopping online in the E-FestivalShop, the FESTIVAL is obliged to deliver products with the agreed qualities and without any defects in compliance with Article 534 et seq. of the Civil Code (legal guarantee) to its consumers. The FESTIVAL does not offer any additional commercial guarantee (warranty) for its products and bears no liability or obligation to its consumers, beyond the legal guarantee.
E.1. Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from the distance sale contract (e-contract) with the FESTIVAL, without giving any reason and free of charge, either by canceling your order, if you have not received the products from the physical store or the products have not already been delivered to you with a courier company, or by returning the products to the FESTIVAL, if you have already received them, following the process, the terms and conditions provided by this chapter (E. Return Policy) and its individual articles (E.1, E.2, E.3). If you have received the products, you are entitled to withdraw within a time limit of fourteen (14) calendar days from the day on which you or a third party that you have indicated obtained the physical possession of the products. Within the same time limit, you have to inform the FESTIVAL using the above contact methods and the latter (FESTIVAL), after confirming the receipt of your request, will inform you about the actions that you should take.
Please note that you are not entitled to return products in the cases listed in the Article 3ib of Law 2251/1994, as currently in force. Indicatively, you are not entitled to return:
- sealed products, which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons, if unsealed by you after delivery,
- newspapers and journals/magazines,
- sealed audio or audiovisual (video) recordings, if unsealed by you after delivery.
E.2. Obligations of Parties upon Withdrawal
Once you have notified the FESTIVAL of the exercise of your right of withdrawal (order cancellation or product return), the FESTIVAL will reimburse you any payment received by you, including the respective price of the products and the additional costs/charges (shipping costs, cash on delivery fee). The reimbursement will be made, within fourteen (14) calendar days from the day on which you informed us of your intention to withdraw, using the same means of payment (e.g. plastic money) as you used for your initial transaction. You will not be refunded any bank fees that you incurred during your initial transaction. It is underlined that the FESTIVAL is entitled to withhold the reimbursement until the products have been received back.
In the event of product return, you must deliver or dispatch the products to the FESTIVAL, at your own risk and expense (any return shipping costs), no later than fourteen (14) calendar days from the day on which you informed us of your intention to withdraw. You have the obligation to return the products in the same perfect condition that you received them together with the receipts and any other document, content or packaging (e.g. manual, labels, spare parts, accessories, box). Please note that you are liable to the FESTIVAL for any diminish in the value of the products due to handling other than the necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
E.3. Special Cases of Product Returns
- Different Product: If we have mistakenly delivered to you a product other than the agreed, different by kind, quantity or missing qualities, please immediately contact and return the product to the FESTIVAL, which will bear the return shipping costs of the product and will dispatch the agreed product to you free of shipping costs. If the product is no longer available to be replaced, the FESTIVAL will reimburse you in full for the money paid and the shipping costs.
- Defective Product: If you receive a defective product, please immediately contact and return the defective product to the FESTIVAL paying on your own any return shipping costs. If the FESTIVAL ascertains that the product is really faulty, then the FESTIVAL will replace it and dispatch the agreed product on its own expenses (shipping costs) concurrently reimbursing you for the return shipping costs incurred. If the product is no longer available to be replaced, the FESTIVAL will reimburse you in full (money paid, shipping and return shipping costs included).
- Change the Size: If you need to change the size of a clothing product (e.g. T-shirt), please contact the FESTIVAL in order to be informed of the product availability and then return the product paying on your own any return shipping costs, which are not reimbursed by the FESTIVAL. The FESTIVAL will replace the product and dispatch it to you at a consignee's billing (i.e. your own expenses).
F. Other Terms
- Please note that when the products are delivered with a courier company, you are protected from any risk of loss of or damage to the products, which may occur during transportation and until you personally or a third party indicated by you obtains the physical possession of the products, when the risk is also transferred to you.
- The information contained herein is material terms (conditions), constitute an integral part of the concluded distance contract and they are not altered, except by an express stipulation between the parties.
- In the event of a dispute arising out of the execution of the distance contract terms, which is electronically concluded with the order of the consumers and the acceptance thereof, the parties shall exert all efforts to settle the dispute by compromise, otherwise, the Courts of Thessaloniki are exclusively competent and Greek law is applicable.
- In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Greek and the English text of the present Policy, the Greek text shall prevail.
 All payments made using the card are processed through the electronic payment platform of Alpha Bank’s Alpha e-Commerce and TLS 1.2 encryption protocol is used with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key.